Thursday, February 27, 2014

Naked3 Drugstore Dupes!

Hello Beautiful! I picked up two new Wet N Wild eyeshadow pallets the other day, and I noticed some real similarities between the Naked3 pallet from Urban Decay. You can create pretty much every shade in the Naked3 by mixing these 6 from Wet N Wild and it only costs $6 instead of $42. Have you guys tried these yet? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Lets talk quality.
Naked 3 comes with a high quality eyeshadow brush, sturdy and cute case design as well as a huge mirror; but it definitely requires a primer to stay on my lids without creasing or melting off throughout the day. Eyeshadows from wet n Wild do not! The Wet N Wild are way easier to blend and apply, but I have to admit the Naked 3 shadows do have a tad bit more of a silky feel to them. Honestly, either one of these brands makes amazing quality shadows that are highly pigmented (meaning you can use less product & still get an opaque color) and I would recommend either one! But really, if your choice all comes down to money.... Wet N Wild has really won this battle. 





EXACT DUPES
  • Limit & W.O.E. Eyelid
  • Liar & W.O.E. Crease
  • Trick & I.G.S Eyelid
  • Blackheart & I.G.S. Crease

CLOSE DUPES & DUPES BY MIXTURES
  • Strange is matte, but Browbone from W.O.E pallet can be used instead. 
  • Dust can be swapped for W.O.E Eyelid if you're okay with more pearly texture than glitter (much more mature in my opinion). 
  • Buzz can be created by mixing the Browbone shade from I.G.S. with a tiny bit of the Eyelid shade from W.O.E.
  • Honestly – Mugshot, Factory and Liar are so very similar, I don't see why it's necessary to have all three in your collection, because when applied in makeup looks with your lid and highlight shade blended together, there will be almost no difference. To mimic any of those shades, try any combination of W.O.E. Crease & Eyelid, I.G.S Crease & Eyelid. You will be amazed!
Let me know if you've tried any Naked 3 tutorials by using these dupes. Are there any other dupes that you've found that are better? Let me know. Until next time, keep trying new things, my darlings.

7 comments:

  1. oh my god this is a post I've been searching for, thank you!! I just can't bring myself to spend so much money on the actual Naked palettes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      It's like a stab to the heart when you realize there was such a less expensive route to go. I hope I can help people avoid that any chance I get!
      thanks for the comment, darling!

      Delete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award :) http://www.wallflower-leigh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, most certainly! <3
    I'm so glad you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for Liebster Award http://laannamaria.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination Mia! You're so very sweet!!!

      Delete