Thursday, October 23, 2014

Home Decor DIY Updates | Bathroom

Bathroom Redecorating

As some of you may know, we just moved. I tend not to change my bathroom decorations seasonally but when the crafty juices get flowing it's hard to shut them off, and my bathroom needed some serious upgrading! I decided to keep it bright, light and have a touch of pale green and yellow which was loosely based off of the leftover flowers I already had in my spring storage. 


First I created a ring holder inspired by this I found on pinterest. I'm in love! The pale rose gold picture frame I found on sale at TjMaxx for cheaper than it would have been to buy a simple one to decorate myself! Then I photoshopped a quatrefoil pattern into a pale green to print out and frame. The last step was to glue that pearl onto the glass. Don't try hot-gluing it, just go straight for the superglue. 






Then I created my signature abstract watercolor piece in my bathroom's new color scheme. I love how it adds texture to my otherwise blank wall. 







This is a little vignette directly below the paintings. I used up some old white and pale green poppy flowers from my silk wedding decorations and framed my favorite illustrative joke Holy Cow/ Holy Crap. My next step is to paint that picture frame a light green as soon as it stops raining!


2 comments:

  1. The cow is brilliant! I need a bathroom overhaul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just start small in one corner and slowly build up. It will be overhauled in no time :)

      Delete