Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette Review!

Hello gorgeous friends! As you may have heard, Tarte has a beautiful limited edition palette for fall 2014 that includes 6 eyeshadows, a matte rosey blush, matte bronzer/contour, and a shimmery champagne highlight. As captivating as the packaging and products themselves appear, I must honestly say that it took me a good long while of playing to figure out how to get a nice eyeshadow look. That may be in part to this being my first Tarte purchase.


FACE

I'm amazed at the quality of the blush, bronzer and highlight and fell in love at first sight. This soft rose blush was the kind of shade that was missing from my collection, so I was excited it was a part of this pallet. The bronze is a PERFECT matte contour shade for pale/cool-toned skin or anyone looking for a nice fall appropriate bronzer. The highlight, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THIS HIGHLIGHT. Oh goodness gracious, it's a perfect sheen of champagne and gold without the chunky glitter or sparkles. Never have I seen a more elegant highlight in the gold spectrum.


SHADOWS

I will say that the shadows are not all very pigmented or bold, but they can be built up nicely. The purple is gorgeous in the pan but looks completely different once applied. The shimmer isn't very apparent and the shade hones in on a more cranberry color than plum. The gold is basically a perfect definition of a gold foil shadow, and the dark and light brown are staple basic neutrals for any look. The dusty pale rose and grey-ish lavender were the trickiest to get to show up on my pale skin, and I'm convinced that these shades are intended to be worn sheer.




PACKAGING

It's glamorous in a very dark and mature style. It truly feels like a luxury item -  solid, giant mirror, and very unique large, round packaging. I just adore the dark wood, that doesn't feel ridiculously fake or cheesy at all. Somehow this gold foiled snake emblem on the front of this oversized compact makes me feel a sense of power and importance.

OVERALL

I'm really digging this palette, and I'm glad that it released in time for me to get it for my anniversary (August). Although only the face products get daily use, I was very pleased at the chance to try out this brands face and shadow products for a low price together.


2 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog, and thanks for this review. Just an FYI the word is spelled palette!

    ReplyDelete