Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fall DIY Home Decorations

I hope you are all enjoying pumpkin spiced lattes, busting out the scarves and sweaters and baking homemade apple pies!  To get myself in the autumn spirit I did a bit of home decor DIY projects. My plan was to minimize the amount of brown, cream, khaki and tan that has infested our belongings with especially our collection of take-it-because-it's-free-furniture we have accumulated throughout the years most of being in college. So when thinking about Fall decorations I realized I needed to go with purples instead of the surplus of neutrals that have already taken over my home.  

Fall DIY Decorations

For light colors I tried to stick with very pale creams and for my darks I went for juicy purples. I had some time to put together about 4 of these bouquets for a touch of fall colors around the kitchen, dining room, and living room.  


At some point along the way in our home projects we all lose steam. Sitting on the couch one day, drinking cinnamon apple tea, I decided that all my living room needed was a splash of color on the shelves. No detailed fall paintings or preserved leaves, just colors. I put my unfinished paintings up on the wall for display, and I have to tell you – I love the unfinished look. It's very "impressionist movement gone minimal." Anyone can paint a canvas a solid color, or a streaky monotone shade. SO EASY. Let me know if you tried it!





And with the leftovers I was able to create a nice indoor wreath for our apartment door and patio door.




How do you decorate for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment