Monday, January 12, 2015

Influenster: 2014 FrostyVoxBox Review

Here's what was in the FrostyVoxBox from Influenster! This was kind of a random box full of treats, makeup, skincare, and hair tools. Take a look! Read about it below or keep scrolling to find my full video review.




1. My favorite thing from this box so far was the Candy Cane Lane tea from Celestial Seasonings. Because my acid reflux/sour stomach has been amplified with pregnancy,  I've had to skip out on the candy canes and peppermint tea - but this I can have! Maybe I can handle it because it's green tea with a tiny bit of peppermint oil to create the flavor, but either way - it's the best!

2. McCormic Thyme is by far the most random thing I've received to review. It's kind of what I would consider a trusted brand so was expecting it to be top quality. It did not disappoint. Upon first opening the container it smelled really fresh and I decided to top a cheap freezer pizza with it. It was great and this spice container is huge and should last me a very long time.

3. This No.7 Perfect and Perfect Intense Advanced Serum was the most luxurious feeling moisturizer I have ever felt. It even felt great on my neck which is always so oily it's hard to find anything that goes on without feeling greasy. The smell was horrific, and reminded me of a chemical fire - but maybe that's my pregnancy messing up smells again (apple juice smell like beer to me right now so don't take my word for it!) Unfortunately I am still on the hunt for a perfect face serum for my skin because I woke up with 3 new pimples from this. The ingredients are all safe for sensitive skin and shouldn't cause a breakout, so I will be trying this out again when not pregnant.

4. This Eco Tools Sleek & Shine Finisher Hairbrush is so neat. It's bristols are very flexible but not so much that it can't push deep enough through my hair while wet and also it's designed very nicely for faster airflow. I was able to get a nice frizz-free blowout using only this brush and my hairdryer with a shorter amount of time than my trusty go to large paddle brush.



5. I was also sent the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner  to review. This eyeliner had me very excited because it's well known for being creamy, smooth and long lasting even in the waterline. It's hard for people with oily eyelids to find an eyeliner that doesn't easily get broken down  by the oil and get messy, but these stay put. The first day I used it over no primer (something that's a bit of a requirement for oily girls) on all day without budging, even through a 3 hour nap and watering eyes!

6. The Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover was kind of a dud product for me. It couldn't get off my mascara, let alone my stay-put all-day waterproof eyeliner. It just kind of felt like using water as far as effectiveness for removing eye makeup. It claims that it gives no oily residue but it felt greasy to me.

7. I don't usually get candy products in my VoxBoxes but this time around I had the pleasure of trying out the Fruit Vines Bites by Red Vine. This was interesting, but definitely not something I would purchase on my own. Even though I didn't like the flavor, I kept on eating these soft fruity chews until the bag was empty.

8. Last of all was the NYC lipstick in the shade Sugarplum. I wasn't a fan of the thick feeling texture and the strong scent to this lipstick. It claims to be longwearing, but i couldn't test it long enough to find out for you.

I hope you all enjoyed these box review. If you have any product suggestions for me to try out, I wanna hear about it in the comments below!

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy. Stay Healthy. Stay Beautiful.



*These items were sent to me for free in return for my honest feedback shared on social media*


No comments:

Post a Comment