Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Signature Look


For some reason the fact that Mark Zuckerberg wears the same looking clothes everyday makes me so happy. Anyone else entertaining the idea of a signature look? I work in a creative field and always find it so interesting when others adopt a signature outfit – even in the fashion industry! Not just as a means to simplify your life, also establishing yourself as a brand. 


Some examples that come to mind: President Obama, Apple co-founder Steve jobs, pop-artist Andy Warhol, fashion designer Michael Kors, Vogue fashion editor Carrie Donovan, Channel CEO Karl Lagerfeld, and iconic Vogue creative director Grace Coddington. Hey, if it's good enough for the President to adapt, it's good enough for me, right? 


My Pinterest boards are filled with lies – things I will never buy or wear!

I am basically almost there. It's essentially the same silhouette and similar pieces (in variant colors) everyday. Skinny-legged pants, solid tops, ballet flats and long-sleeve button-up cardigan – year round.

As a young lady, I took pride in assembling a variety of outfits from my eclectic wardrobe, but as I grew up, I discovered what I truly enjoyed wearing and focused my creativity on my tasks at hand in my workday (and also my makeup – let's be honest.)

 I find it effortless to swap in and out pieces of a uniform daily, rather than the same-exact look everyday. A wardrobe that is minimal yet versatile in practice will always appear put-together and fit right. I aspire to simplify my look more each year; maybe by the time I am as old as Michael Kors, I will have an iconic style worthy on note.

Please let me know, do you have an iconic daily style?

No comments:

Post a Comment