Thursday, March 12, 2015

REVIEW: BB Cream Matte by Rimmel London



Lately I have found myself in need of a faster foundation routine and have been testing all sorts of unfortunate BB Creams to hydrate my crackled but oily winter skin. It's always disappointing when the lightest shade available for a BB cream is the medium shade for the same brands foundation and you end up looking like you've had a bad spray-tan. This one is a perfect neutral balance between pink and yellow undertones and it's the fairest I've tried at the drugstore. I have never found a bb cream that works like this.
A dramatic swatch (blended on top but left bottom line harsh for comparison)
to show the coverage over the veins on my see-through fair skin. No edits besides crop. 

It covers redness, blemishes and dark eye circles super well for a BB cream! I love the clean feeling it has on, and how wonderfully real skin textured it leaves my skin. It also has a great clean scent. It lasts about 6-8 hours before my face oils completely dissolved it. But it looked shine free and had blurred pores the whole time it lasted. I am excited to wear this in the summer for a quick coverage while I'm balancing how to be a new mom! The only downside is that it is only an SPF 15 and it will oxidize to a darker color on the skin slightly if layered on thick.

A "glamours" before and after comparison with no other makeup (no edits)

This product claims to do 9 things:

1. Minimizes the appearance of pores
(actually did! I wish I had an up-close pic of the pores)
2. Evens Skin tone
(Very nicely)
3. Mattifies
(yup! without drying out skin) 
4. Controls Shine
(c'mon -that's the same thing as mattifying... but still true)
5. Smoothes
(yeah!)
6. Soothes
(It does feel refreshing on the skin and not in a tingle way)
7. Conceals Dark Circles
(See photo, I feel like it did enough for me, but mine weren't that bad)
8. Helps prevent Blemishes
(doubtful, the very last ingredient is salicylic acid so very small effect) 
9. Gives All Day Coverage
(what's with all the redundant claims? But yes, it does last all day. See pic below) 

At the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment